Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Arm Day & Good Sheets

Yesterday was arm day, at home. If you want to get in shape and don't already have them, I suggest investing in some weights for your home. You don't need a massive home gym, just some basic dumbbells to get the job done. You can find them all over and they aren't expensive. You can even pick pretty colors...Awww. They are good to have. The ones I use are 10lb weights.
Once you have these bad boys, you can take over the world, one rep at a time ;)

So here's what I did with my 10 pound dumbbells:
(I tend to do higher reps because I just have the 10lb weights. At the gym I can use heavier weights and then I typically only do 8-10 reps)
*Bicep Curls - 5 sets of 20
*Lateral Raise (shoulders) - 4 sets of 14
*Tricep Kickbacks - 3 sets of 14
*Shoulder Press - 4 sets of 12
*Tricep Dips - 4 sets of 40, then 1 set of 30 really slow, really focusing on the movement and the BURN
*Upright Row - 2 sets of 14

Then I topped it off with 200 jumping jacks as fast as I could, which took just under 2 minutes. 
And the icing on the muscle cake, I changed our sheets. 

Have you ever changed bed sheets? (I really hope the answer is yes!) It sucks, and because they make mattresses now that are 12 feet deep, it can be somewhat challenging, especially when your arms feel like jello. Pulling and tugging and pulling and stretching...

And while we are talking about bed sheets, this is my public service announcement to anyone who is not yet married but plans to get married...
REGISTER FOR REALLY REALLY GOOD BED SHEETS, AND LOTS OF THEM!!!
Bed sheets are SO expensive, especially the GOOD ones! Once you have the good ones, you can totally tell the not-so-good ones. For some dumb reason, we only registered for one really good set, you know, the million thread count ones (300 count sheets just isn't cutting it kids). So when I do laundry and put the other ones on, the husband is not having it, and I just end up washing them over and over because it's the only ones we want on our bed. I keep meaning to buy more, but I get to the store and start browsing and just can't get myself to spend over $100 on sheets.... Maybe I'm just cheap but I guess I'd rather buy groceries...
Our anniversary is Thursday though, maybe we can gift ourselves some good ass sheets...Hmm..

And would you look at that!
I really had no idea, now I feel like the stars have aligned
It's our 4th anniversary! Linen! An anniversary miracle!

Ok, off to shop ;)
Happy Tuesday friends.

EmilyK8 the Gr8 Bed Maker

Keep moving. Keep eating. Keep drinking (water). Be healthy. Be happy. Make your bed.
sorry it's not a new picture, but since it was arm day, I'm reusing. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment