Wednesday, July 2, 2014

*Use What Ya Got* - 2 kids and a wagon...and an emergency

Last night after dinner I decided to take the kids for a walk to "our park" (1.34 miles there and back because I take the long way). Instead of one on her bike and one in a stroller, we opted for both kids in the wagon. I love pulling the kids in the wagon because it makes the walk just a little harder (think burning more calories!). That's 55+ extra pounds I'm dragging behind me.

ah, there she is. hello friend.
So we make it to the park. I scout the area for my evening "challenge"...which was this:
Try it. I did 3 sets of 20...and then...

I look over at #1 who was doing that very well known "potty dance"... Keep in mind we are over half a mile from home.
"#1, do you have to go potty?"
"nope"
"#1...do you have to go potty, because it kind of looks like you do..."
"nope"
Then I glance over at #2 and she has that glorified poop butt going on...and it was big. Of course I didn't bring any diapers this time, because it was just a little walk...
"#1 we gotta go! #2 pooped!"
then...
#1 - "mom! I DO have to go potty!!"
Sheer panic set in.
I got them both back in the wagon in record time, and then...
I proceeded to RUN.
That's running, pulling a wagon, wearing flip flops and jean shorts.
The girls thought this was awesome of course, and #1 is yelling "RUN RUN RUN!!" the entire time. I think the neighbors thought I was crazy...
So our nice little walk turned into my evening HIIT training as I mostly ran with short walking breaks, all the way back home (still taking the long way because that's how I roll). 

By the time we got back, I was a sweaty hot mess, but we made it and #1 was safely delivered to the bathroom. Not the relaxing time I had planned, but who wants to relax when you can workout instead?!
Now, I challenge you to take a run, pulling two kids in a wagon. See just how fun it is, and not at all awkward.

Keep moving. Keep eating. Keep drinking (water). Be healthy. Be happy. 

-EmK8

No comments:

Post a Comment