Friday, September 5, 2014

*Flex* Friday and Piyo

Rise and Flex Ya'll!


Today is Friday, and we flex. So just make sure you flex at some point today. It's good for the soul. I promise. 
I feel magical.

So the other day I tried myself some Piyo. People are raving about it, and I wanted to be able to rave too. I was feeling a little left out. So I busted out the iPad and got on good old YouTube and found myself a nice 25 minute long Piyo workout. #1 and I did it together. Seemed ok. I could hang.


Here's the nice thing about taking a video of what you are doing...you can see if you have good form or not. Also the benefit of working out in front of a mirror, but I don't have a mirror in my family room...yet... So I swear I was a lot lower in my lunge than this, but I guess not. Now to do it again and GET EVEN LOWER! 

So I had a nice sweat going, and it felt good. All was right in the world. Then I woke up the next day and DAMN! Sore city! I felt sore good! ;) Seriously, people say they hurt in places they didn't know could hurt and it's really oddly true. Even with all the working out I do...there were some muscles that definitely got woken up. I think I'm hooked. It's also a nice change from jumping all over the damn place. Slow and strong works just as good! 

So a recap of today's lesson... Piyo is awesome, and flexing is vital to one's health and fitness ;)
"It isn't about BEING famous, it's about FEELING famous"
And in case you missed it, here I am on the FTYF Instagram page last Friday. The day that made my year ;)
BooYa
I'm feeling pretty famous right about now :)

Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to be active! 
Coming soon: More workout videos! (applause and cheering)

EmK8

here I am "working" hard being awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment