Saturday, September 20, 2014

What ONE week as a Beachbody coach has taught me...


We all sign up for different reasons, but mostly the same reasons. We want to help people, we want to help ourselves, we want to earn money, we want to be a part of something big, we want to be challenged, but maybe not too much... 
We all read the testimonials, see the transformation pictures, think to ourselves "wow this is amazing!"...
Then we jump in, head first, not knowing exactly what we are doing but we are going to try our darnedest to figure it out and do what we need to do. The first week is hard, and I'd say it gets easier but it's only been just over a week for me, so I can't say that, but I have been told that it does. Day one was the hardest, day two much better, now 11 days later...all I can say is that, it's amazing... and it's only been 11 days. 

I started my first challenge group as I was encouraged to do. Luckily I'm studying to become a personal trainer and know a LOT about nutrition, as I've been living the lifestyle for a year now. So the Clean Eating Challenge Group I started felt like home to me and a great place to start.
People joined like crazy, more and more each day. My  goal of "a few people", turned into a group of 30 in just a matter of days. People were interested, people were into it, people were ready, and I was ready to help them.  

What happened over those next 5 days was not what I was expecting. It was SO much more. People opened up and shared their lives with me, and with everyone else in the group. We shared recipes and workouts and stories. People not only interacted with me, but with each other, helping each other out, being there for each other, encouraging each other. People that don't even know each other. It was amazing and perfect. It felt like a fun family gathering. I looked forward each day to everyone's posts and pictures. They went above and beyond each and every day. And the best part was that it was all healthy and good for us! Not only was it fun, but over those 5 days, pounds were lost, inches were lost, people gained energy, started sleeping better, feeling better, living better... Even me! I stuck right with it, ate better than I probably ever have, even in my year of starting a healthy life. I even lost weight, felt leaner, slept better than I can ever remember sleeping, and I just overall feel happy! 
Friday came and it was bittersweet! I didn't want it to end. And so it won't. I'm going to leave my group open and everyone is free to continue to share their meals, pictures, workouts, and lives. It's such a great platform for health and fitness and I just wish more people would take advantage of it! All it cost everyone was the cost of their food, and what they gained, I hope, is a new life of clean healthy living. And I'll be there for them each and every day to keep encouraging them, challenging them, making them move.

Knowing that this is my "job" now is like the coolest thing ever. I can't even WAIT to start my next challenge group. I can't wait to see the transformations, and the lives that I'll help change. As cheesy as it sounds, it's better than any paycheck. Just changing people for the better, helping them any way I can, it makes me SO stinkin' happy. 
It doesn't even have to be about losing weight. It's just about becoming an overall better YOU. Just hearing how much better people were FEELING was amazing. Isn't it crazy how much your body can love you when you put good fuel into it?! 

So how has my life changed from these five days?
Well, now I can't stop taking pictures of my food... eek. But it's so pretty and yummy and HEALTHY and I want to share it with the world! 

See...here's my breakfast today:
Egg White Omelet with Green peppers and DRY Wheat Toast
My drive to help people has also like quadrupled... like it's almost impossible for me NOT to help you, IF you want the help. I won't bug you about clean eating and working out if you don't want to hear it. Oh wait, Yes, I totally will. 

I do it for you, because I LOVE to see positive results, and that makes me SO happy, so really I'm doing it for me... but really it's for you. but also me. 

I don't want to stop. So I won't stop. 

And that, my friends, is what I learned in one week as a Beachbody coach.

The End.

*A special shout out to my 5 Day Clean Eating Challenge Group because they were ROCKSTARS this week. They inspired the crap out of me. From the birthday push-up challenge videos, to the squats... they killed it. We live all across the country, but I'm pretty sure if we had a party at my house, we'd have the best party EVER, and leave a few hours later with 10lbs less fat and 14lbs more muscle. cuz we are THAT awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment