Monday, June 23, 2014

Be your own science experiment - and Happy Monday


So this weekend was an adventure...lots of fun...and then today happened, and I did that dreaded thing I've told you not to do...I got on the scale...
4 lbs! I gained 4 lbs! 
I know I know, I'm the first to tell you that the scale means nothing. Your weight can fluctuate 1-5 lbs on any given day. It can be lots of things, and I wasn't exactly surprised.
So today I'm here to tell you how NOT to lose weight. 
Not eating is NOT your friend. Not drinking water is NOT your friend. It's as simple as that.
When you do these things, chances are, you're going to eventually eat, and when you do, your body is going to soak up that food up and hold on to it, in fear of you taking it away again. Same with water. Your body doesn't like this, and why should it? It's kind of rude, ya know?
So this may have happened to me this weekend. I happened to be under the weather on Saturday, and I will leave the "why" out of it...I couldn't/didn't eat or drink all day, I was in no shape too. I ate a little in the evening, and finally drank some water, but nowhere near the amount of calories I should consume in one day. Then Sunday came and I was back to normal, maybe even indulging a little too much
So what did my body do?! Yup, it really enjoyed that food I did end up eating, and it hasn't let it go since. I think water was the biggest thing...going almost an entire day without my usual 100 oz of water and my body freaked out a little. Now it's holding on to my water for dear life. I just have to earn it's trust back that I won't withhold again and we'll be just fine. I should be back to normal in no time.
But this is my lesson for the day. If you don't believe me, try for yourself. It's all about finding what works for you. Be your own experiment. I can pretty much guarantee though if you starve yourself, or don't drink your water, you are going to gain weight. Simple as that. Sure you might feel really skinny and empty for a day or so, but it's not worth it in the end.

These things happen though, it's called life. It's called normal. It's called get back on the train (or bus, or plane, or boat) and keep on keeping. Don't let every little step back stop you. Just learn from it and move the heck on. Be healthy, Be active, Be awesome, Take a walk, do a push-up, do some squats, and don't forget to drink that water!


I'd also like to take this time to recommend NOT drinking 50 bottles of wine in one night... I mean, unless you want to experiment and see what happens...but I already did that experiment and I don't advise it. Ok that's all, you've been warned...

Live.Love.Water.
-EmK8

No comments:

Post a Comment