Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Do something else!

So we started our journey, we did one thing, that was easy enough right? Now, do something else! After I had taking the first step and made the decision to get healthy, downloaded my apps (Lose It!), etc etc...I did the next thing, I started moving. I didn't go crazy, but I got off the couch and went for a walk. I downloaded the app called Runkeeper, and let me tell you, you walk a lot further when you have an app tracking how far/fast you are going! Everyday after that, weather permitting, I took my girls for long walks. I tracked my walks, increased my speed, started going further. I can't tell you good it felt to just do that! It's not like I was running marathons, but it was the next step in my journey. Shortly after that, I joined a gym, walks turned to runs, and now I work out almost every single day. Of course I give my body some rest days, but I try to do something active everyday. Husband also surprised me one day with a Fit Bit, and that took things to a whole new level. Maybe I'll talk about that another day. 

I have my fitness instagram account set up now (follow me! emilyk8motivate). Today I took my first gym selfie. Yup, that happened. You know, it's kind of fun. I find it's really important to track your progress, take progress pics, take measurements, all that stuff. One day you'll be really discouraged, ready to give up, that's when those old pics will really come in handy. It's so easy to let one thing ruin your day, but don't give up! Always remember where you started from and see how far you've come! This will also be my next subject, so no more of this now. But if today is your beginning, and you want to make a change (any physical change), take a picture of yourself! Look as grubby as you want, who cares, this is your starting point. One day you'll be able to look back and be like "oh snap! that was me?!". True story. Snap away.

So what is your something else today? Did you do your pushups? How about some squats today! Or go for a walk. It's beautiful weather here in my hood, take advantage of it! 
When you get back to your house, do some walking lunges, do 20. Do it. Got kids? take them for a walk, push a stroller (you burn more calories), put the kids on your back and do lunges or squats (feel that burn!). 

  - emilyk8

No comments:

Post a Comment