Monday, June 2, 2014

What's cookin'? - Mexican Skillet Meal

What's for dinner? Tonight at my house it was a quick and easy Mexican skillet meal. Depending on how you make it and what you use, it can be as little as 350 calories a cup. So you don't have to feel too guilty indulging in this bad boy of a meal.

Here's what you need: (I'll give you the ingredients I use, feel free to modify!) Please note I use all off brand, mostly Aldi's brand because it saves me lots of money and tastes the same (this is not up for debate). 

Ground Turkey
Chili Beans in sauce
Rotel
Taco seasoning packet
A block of cream cheese (low fat)
Noodles, any kind. I use about 12oz.
Cheese to top it off (I think I use cheese in 99.9% of the things I make)
Sorry I only took a picture of like half the ingredients, but you get it

Boil your noodles
Meanwhile, cook your ground turkey, you know how
Add the taco seasoning, you know how
Add the beans, cream cheese & rotel
Mix it all together and simmer while the cream cheese melts. 
By the time the cream cheese melts and is all nicely blended in there, your noodles should be done. Drain them and then add to the meat mixture. Stir it all up. Top with cheese. Consume.

BooYa! It's really good. Just sayin'

For more delicious recipes, healthy and 100% not healthy, visit my Pinterest board!

Thanks for reading! 

See you 'round like a doughnut - EmilyK8





No comments:

Post a Comment