Thursday, June 26, 2014

*Workout at HOME! No really, it's totally possible* (VIDEOS)

Working out takes time...energy...and can cost money...
These are common excuses.
So let's alleviate two of those problems...
Sorry, it's still going to take energy.
Going to a gym takes extra time (traveling too and from), and in most cases, costs money too.
Working out at home can save you time! Today I traveled all the way to my living room for my workout. Traffic was light, and it took about 10 seconds.
My living room is also free. It's cluttered with toys, but totally free.

OK OK I'm ready to workout, but what do I do?!
Did you know there are a ton of workout apps out there, and a lot of them are free?! I use an app called "Workout Trainer", it's free and easy (or you can pay for a more advanced one). It shows you a ton of workout options, and you pick one. It talks to you and tells you what to do, even shows you little videos so you know you are doing things right. Today I picked "Endurance Athlete" - it's 22 minutes and and is full body, with each exercise working the core. I sweat my face off and it looked like I had run a marathon when I was done.
That's real sweat people. Just wanted you to know I'm telling the truth.
So today you get videos! Yay!! 
Here's a few of the things this workout included

Seal Jacks

Side Lunges touching ground

And here's a combo video including the above two, plus Snowboard jumps and Mountain Climbers.
Try these if you want a good quick workout! 40 seconds of each exercise, 10 second rest in between. I mean it, 10 seconds is all you get. Keep that heart rate up!



So there you have it! Some quick and easy things to do. Ok, maybe not THAT easy, but totally do-able.

And just so you don't think I'm neglecting my kiddos when I'm working out...we had just spent the morning at a splash pad/park. #2 was napping peacefully and #1 was having "quiet time" - which I strongly encourage since she doesn't nap anymore. And I was only "busy" for about 30 minutes. Easy way to get things done even when you have kids. No excuses my friends.

Keep moving. Keep eating. Keep drinking (water). Be healthy. Be happy. 

-EmK8



No comments:

Post a Comment